Sunday, August 12, 2007

Steal this idea - The Tibetan Terror

After his wife and child die in an accident, listless Lead Detective Cho Ming is reassigned to Lhasa, Tibet from Beijing. Part Tibetan, he seems like the perfect candidate for "revitalization" in his ancestral land. However, a series of brutal murders shortly after his arrival forces him to put aside his grief and use his considerable investigatory talents. Investigating the murders puts him at odds with locals, who view him as an outsider, the party, which wants a political solution, and his superior, who think that Ming may be the cause of the murders. Soon Ming starts to think that his family's murder wasn't an accident, and that time is running out for him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need a vacation. Maybe Cho could use my help. I'll need to bring along Austin Carr because I suspect the dip in the Chinese stock market may have sent a Tibetan broker over the edge, and I don't know enough about the market.

- Detective Roger Stark

Jack Getze said...

I'll come, but only for a serious cash salary. I just checked Google, and there are no redheads in Tibet.

Rick Bylina said...

I'm saddled with a new partner with an libido in overdrive, and I'm a happily married man. She resembles Maureen O'Hara from "The Quiet Man" timeframe. I'm sure the two of you would be fast friends as we track down the Tibetan Terror.

-Roger