Saturday, December 15, 2007

Lexophile Humor

Humor for Lexophiles (lovers of words):

1. I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me.

2. Police were called to a day care where a three-year old was resisting a rest.

3. Did you hear about the guy whose left side was cut off? He's all right now.

4. The roundest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference.

5. The butcher backed up into the meat grinder, and got a little behind in his work.

6. To write with a broken pencil is pointless.

7. The short fortune teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large.

8. A thief who stole a calendar got twelve months.

9. A thief fell and broke his leg in wet cement. He became a hardened criminal.

10. Thieves who steal corn from a garden could be charged with stalking.

To see the rest, go to this site. (thx to DB...who really needs to update his blog.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to the woman who backed into a fan? Disaster!

Paul Lamble
http://www.paullamb.wordpress.com

Rick Bylina said...

Wow! That must be a big pain in the rear.

Rebecca Coleman said...

Posted your link to my blog, finally. Nice to see a comment on mine, not to mention astonishing. I have a family tree that's endless fun-- one day I kept adding in names from a link I found on Rootsweb, and the names got stranger and stranger, and finally it said:

ADAM---EVE

So I had to undo about twenty-five generations of family treeing. But it's happened a couple times since then and now, heck, I just leave it. I'm a writer, right... so in the end, it's more about the story than about tedious things like reality.

Jack Getze said...

He drank six Cokes but he burped Seven-Up.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for a bunch of good tips. I look forward to reading more on the topic in the future. Keep up the good work! This blog is going to be great resource. Love reading it.
................................
academic term papers-Essay Writing Help