Sunday, February 10, 2008

Eclipse of the Mind

What happened to Saturday? I don't know. After four hours of chopping up a fallen poplar, I kind of fell asleep, helped make six pizzas, and watched "Gattica". The dog ate my homework, and there's a total lunar eclipse beginning 10:51 PST on February 20th (that is, 1:51 a.m. EST). I suspect vampires and werewolves will be out in full that night, so wear your silver and spray garlic in the air. It also repels horny deer and voracious rabbits. Okay, the dog didn't eat my homework, but Sydney, my pet cockateil, did take a bite out of it. Oh, I guess Saturday was still there after all. I rewrote the query for "One Promise Too Many" and alerted the post office to expect another couple hundred mailings for Monday. Agents...you are on alert!

Yea, I hear them shaking in their boots also.

P.S. Is it just me or is everyone's blogger spellcheck on the blink?

2 comments:

Larry Kollar said...

I feel the same way about Saturday. After chicken house duty, eating lunch, running to Sears to get a new stove for the rental place, it was 5pm and time to start thinking about supper. We went to the MIL's and got four boxes of various chow in quart jars (she has a whole trailer full of food) and reloaded the pantry.

So yeah, I know what you mean.

Ruth L.~ said...

Re: the query. May there be no traces of garlic to repel the publisher. Foolish, they'd be. Good luck.